Sunday, 28 March 2010

Inspiration

I looked at quite a lot of different websites in my research, that I found featured on thedesigninspiration.com

There were a lot of "web 2.0" looking websites, all with a similar graphical styles and fonts. Although a lot of the websites looked professional, they weren't always memorable. The 3 websites I did really like each had something different, individual and personal to the designer.


Max Shaman - The thing I found really interesting in this website was the playful navigation, obviously playing on the designer's surname as a stimulus for the entire website, going with the theme of voodoo and tribes. It takes a few seconds to work out how to use it so some may argue that it is a usability issue, however I think thats the fun of the website. It makes you want to play with it and see what happens when you stick a needle in the voodoo doll's eyes!!


Diego D'Sousa - I really liked the scrapbook style of Diego's website as this kind of style is something I think I would like to do with my own portfolio. I also love the way that when you navigate to another section it moves around in an almost 3 dimensional way. The only couple of things that I didn't like about the website were the fact that it starts playing music without you wanting it to. There is an option to pause it but it took a minute to work out, which was a bit annoying. Also I thought that navigation was confusuing at times and often felt myself going from A to B via C and D.


Daniel GutiƩrrez - This was probably my favourite website. The fact that Daniel uses a recurrent character throughout the website as well as using a "paper" look to the style, I felt this kind of aesthetic was most similar to the kind of thing I wanted to achieve. The navigation was straight forward, the colours and images were crisp and visually pleasing and interesting without being elaborate or in your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment